Giveaway: Engaging Today’s Prodigal
It’s the beginning of the month, and that means that it is time for another Giveaway with The HomeScholar! This month we have a very special prize from Carol Barnier.
Carol Barnier left the faith of her pastor father, became an active atheist, debated Christians, and explored a variety of worldviews before she found the truth in a relationship with Jesus. In her book, Engaging Today’s Prodigal, she shares what she learned from the journey, both for herself, and for those who waited many long years to see her return to faith.
Many families today experience profound guilt and shame-filled pain when their child walks away from their faith and values. Churches and parents often feel powerless to change the relationship and engage the prodigal in positive ways. Engaging Today’s Prodigal equips readers with a better understanding of a prodigal’s motivation, useful responses that won’t wreck future reconciliation, clear boundaries to protect themselves and their other children, actions to take when you know you have contributed to the problem, and the value of realistic expectations.
In Engaging Today’s Prodigal readers will obtain…
- a better understanding of a prodigal’s motivation
- truly useful responses that won’t burn bridges to reconciliation
- a communication method that focuses on understanding and keeping hearts open
- clearer boundaries to protect themselves and their other children
- a more rigorous exegesis of the oft used “train up a child” verse in Proverbs, freeing parents from unhealthy self-blame
- actions to take when you know you truly have contributed to the problem
- the value of realistic expectations
- a tackling of 7 popular myths regarding prodigals
This book brings not just solace, but solutions. Come and learn why reader J. Hahn says, “Thank you Carol. I’m breathing again.”
The Prize: Engaging Today’s Prodigal
Enter to win HERE
The HomeScholar staff will choose FIVE winners on February 8th, 2013, and will notify the winners directly. Good luck to all who enter!
Thank you, Carol Barnier, for your generous gifts!
And, as always, please share this contest with your friends!
Would you please rate my blog at Homeschool Top Sites!