I usually try to encourage parents to do their best, but today I’m going to pause our regularly scheduled encouragement, and tell you what NOT to do.
What NOT to do:
1. Don’t try to do 4 years of high school before Freshman year
2. Don’t try to write course descriptions for classes you haven’t begun yet
3. Don’t think you have to change everything to homeschool high school
4. Don’t make your children take tests for high school when they are in junior high
5. Don’t expect your children to demonstrate “senior” behavior the first day of freshman year
6. Don’t expect your children to work longer hours than the working spouse in your home
7. Don’t expect perfection, or perfect attentiveness, especially not all day long
This is a good start, but can you add to this list? What No-No items can YOU add to this?
See those cute buttons at the bottom of these blog posts? Those are to make it easy for you to share these helpful posts with your friends who might need encouragement. Go ahead and give it a try. I promise that nothing will blow up!